Christmas background

"You can walk the walk and talk the talk when everyone is watching and listening, but your true character comes from what you do when no one is watching." Me

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Something happened to me.....

I have to tell you all what happened to me the other day. I can't help but keep thinking about it and wondering...what does it mean? Is it a sign? Is God trying to tell me something? Am I supposed to do something? What???
I was on the Down Syndrome Association of Houston facebook page scanning for updates etc. and I see a post from a man who had just gotten a tattoo of a butterfly that had his son's name and some things about DS intermingled in the wings and things. I thought it was pretty and a good idea. Something I have often thought about doing myself, but anyway, the tattoo also contained a bible verse "Jeremiah 1:5". The man explained that the reference to the verse was something his mom had sent to him when they received the dx. I thought that I should look it up and just see what it said, because my bible verse memorization skills are not all that great anymore..... maybe later..... no time right now, I have a million other things to be doing. Surprisingly, I never got around to looking it up.
A few days later, 3 of the older children and I as well as AAsher were going to Wal-Mart for school supplies. We had to park at the back of the parking lot as usual, but that's ok, AAsher likes the ride. I unload the stroller and we proceed towards the store. All of the older kids were walking ahead of us. We get about halfway to the store and I hear this very loud, clanking sound directly behind me. Sort of sounded like metal or money/change of some kind hitting the ground and spinning around until finally it stopped. I turned to see... no one walking behind us or anyone for that matter, but what I did see shining in the sunlight was this round coin, like a mardi gras dubloon (sp). I hadn't seen that when I walked past earlier....... I would have had to have stepped right on that as would have all the kids........ someone would have definitely picked that up, especially my inquisitive 8 year old......... where did it come from? From the sound of it, it FELL from somewhere........... so, I go and pick it up.............. It reads "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5"                       WHAT????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I'm not sure what or where or why, but I have been carrying this silver coin around with me ever since...... A sign?

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, wow, that's WILD!!
Aasher's a gorgeous little boy! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

txkerri said...

LOL! YES, it was!
Thank you for joining and the compliment on our little booger! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Samantha is beautiful! Your header pic is amazing!!

Ria said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)
Reading this post gave me goosebumps. What are the chances of that?! wow!